7.02.2010

exactly one month from today...

...we will travel to Miami and board a plane for Havana, Cuba. It's been a while since I last posted and honestly this blog hasn't quite taken off as the creators had wished...but we've just been prepping. Our travel dates were pushed back due to our Visa request. Unfortunately, the date change affected several original team members but luckily David and I could still go! We have 11 people on our team now and we met last night for a time of fellowship and logistics.

I'm proud to announce that David is now our Team Leader :) Although, he has not been on the Cuba Mission before he will lead our team. There are several people on our team that have been multiple times before so they will help guide him. Once we land in Havana all of the planning and logistics will be led by Father Carlos.

Also, due to the rescheduling we will not be working at the Vacation Bible School in Cardenas, but rather working at the Farm and leading our own small VBS for the parish children and helping with farm tasks. Should be hot, but interesting. I heard that last night the small village has a dance party almost every night and it is most proper if we participate - I'm in!

The new dates of our mission will be August 2-11, 2010. Please continue to pray for mission team and the Cubans we will encounter.

Until then...we will be packing, collecting supplies to take down, and preparing our hearts and minds for our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment